Top 3 High End JTX Vibration Plates
If you go to the gym then you have most likely seen this machine in one of the corners of the workout area. Like most people unless you know what it is or how to use it you’ve probably been a bit curious but left it well alone. Now although these machines may seem a bit daunting to begin with they are relatively easy to use and can give you a total body workout that you can really feel in as little as 15 minutes.
The basic idea behind the vibration plate, or as they are sometimes known power plate, is that they create a level of vibrations that goes through the entire body. This means they can engage about 90 to 95% of your muscles in a single workout. In addition to the vibrations there is a range of motion that happens as well, the most common is an oscillating or see saw like motion. This forces your body to contract and relax muscles in order to keep you upright and stable. It may not sound like much but the fact that your muscles are contracting and relaxing so quickly over a short period of time means you can really build up quite a sweat and will definitely feel the burn afterwards.
The use of vibration plates has become more and more popular over recent years as the benefits of using them have become more apparent. Not only are they good for toning your muscles but they can actually help aid weight loss as well, that is if you don’t mind jiggling away to being with. In addition to this they can also help maintaining a healthy bone density, improves balance and flexibility, improved circulation and help with joint and muscle pains.
There are so many different makes and models on the market that you are bound to find one that suits your needs and your budget. You can get some of the more basic, slide under the bed options for under £100. Whereas if you are more into your fitness regime you can look at spending anything from a few hundred pounds up to a few thousand. It goes without saying really that the more you spend on a piece of kit the better the features will be and the better the machine will perform for you. Before you leap into a purchase you need to know what it is you want to get out of the experience, if it just for occasional use for muscle aches and some help with maintaining a healthy weight then you are unlikely to want to spend a massive amount of money on one. However, if you are looking to use this as a time saving experience to supplement a more rigorous workout for professional reasons then the higher ended products should be where you are looking.
There are three main types of vibration plate, those that move in a vertical motion, the oscillating ones that simulate a see saw type motion and those that use all the directions of motion, such as rocking from side to side, up and down and back and forth. The best is obviously the tri-motion as it will give you the best possible workout, but these are also the most expensive. The oscillating plates offer the best range of machines with a varying degree of affordability so you should be able to find something that suits in this category.
The three we are going to be reviewing today all comes from the same company, JTX Fitness. JTX specialise in home gym equipment and they were founded in 2009 and have their headquarters in Shoreham-by-Sea in England. They offer a very compressive range of covering areas from the good old treadmill right through to vibration plates. They offer a range of machines that are suitable for beginners right through to the elite athletes and that is testimony enough to be sure you are getting the best possible quality for your money. If you want a little help figuring out the best machine for you then you can get expert advice from their in-house personal trainer who can talk you through the options so you get the very best machine for your needs. All of their products come with a 28 day no quibble returns policy so if for whatever reason you are not entirely happy with your purchase you can return it for a full refund. In addition to the all of their equipment comes with a comprehensive home service warranty, in the unlikely event of an issue occurring they will arrange for a specialist engineer to come out and visit you in your home to fix the issue free of charge. So now that we know a little about the company let us take a closer look at the three vibrations plates we are reviewing today.
JTX Pro-50 Tri-Plane Power Review – Our Number 1
- This model has a full-sized gym plate, not a smaller home sized version. The plates workout area is 70 x 83cm which is much bigger than most home vibration plates.
- It has 2, 200 watt AC commercial motors to power it, which is what is usually found on gym based machines.
- It is a tri-plane vibration plate, this means it moves in all possible directions, up/down, side to side and back and forth. This ensures you have the best possible workout and taxes your muscles that much more due to the increased variance in motion.
- It has gym based vibration levels, meaning it ranges from 30-50Hz per second so it can deliver a high intensity workout or a lower more relaxing session to finish of a harder workout.
- It has 7 easy to use programmes and upper and lower control panels means you can use this machine while standing or while on the floor.
- It also has 2 amplitude settings, low and high and by changing this along with the speed settings you can create truly challenging workouts.
- This model also comes with a vibration training kit to help you get started. This kit includes a gym ball, a floor protection mat, a poster and an instructional DVD. There are also two sets of straps included that help you do even more, the first is designed for static experiences and the second is elastic and allows for more motion during the workout.
- It can handle a total user weight of 180KG.
- 3 Years in home servicing and a 1 year commercial warranty.
The JTX Pro-50 Tri-Plane power vibration plate gives you everything you would expect to find in a gym based vibration pate but in the comfort of your own home. This is an exceptional piece of equipment and well worth the money.
Features – 2 Two 200 watt AC motors – Tri-Plane motion – Gym sized plate – Gym based vibration levels –7 pre-set programmes – Upper and lower control panels – 2 amplitude settings – Training kit included with various accessories – Total user weight of up to 180KG – 3 Years in home servicing – 1 Year commercial warranty.
Pricing – High End
JTX Pro-10: Power Review – Number 2
- The Pro-10 is a Tri-plane vibration plate, this means it moves on all directions and maximises your workout potential.
- This is a more compact vibration plate machine but still retain lots of the features of its bigger brother but takes up less space. Great if you have limited room in your home.
- The workout area is 78 x 70cm which is still impressive for a home work out machine.
- This model also has the ability to cover the Hz range from 30-50 meaning it is prefect for beginners and more advanced trainers alike.
- It has two amplitude settings, high and low and changing this along with the Hz setting creates a range of different workouts from intense to soothing.
- It as a powerful 150 watt AC commercial grade motor.
- Like its bigger brother it also has upper and lower control panels to allow you to adjust setting as needed no matter what workout you are doing.
- Power straps are included and this helps to extend the range of muscles worked while using the machine.
- There is also an instructional DVD, poster, workout mat and noise reduction mat included with this machine.
- It can handle a maximum user weight of 160KG.
- It also comes with a 3 year in home servicing warranty.
The JTX Pro-10 power vibration plate is a great choice if you have limited space but still want to experience the very best in vibration plate technology.
Features –Tri-plane vibration plate – More compact – 2 Amplitude settings – Hz range from 30-50 per second – 150 watt AC grade motor – Upper and lower control panels – Power straps included – DVD and other accessories also included – Max user weight of 160KG – 3 Year in home servicing warranty.
Pricing – Mid Range
JTX Salon Fit S2: Oscillation and Vibration Review – Number 3
- This machine uses oscillating vibrations, which means a see saw type motion and these machines were originally intended for commercial saloon use.
- This machine has a fabulous range of programmes that include 9 toning ones and those designed for targeted weight loss.
- These have been made with commercial use in mind but at a price that is attainable for home use as well.
- It has a staggering 99 power settings so you can increase the level as you gain and build more confidence with the machine.
- It has a user platform of 66 x 50cm which is very generous while still being compact enough not to intrude into your free space to a great extent.
- Starter kit is included and this has: exercise straps to extend your workout repertoire, there is a workout DVD and poster for ideas and inspiration as well.
- Total user weight of up to 180KG.
- There is a 2 year in home warranty include.
- 1 Year commercial warranty.
Although this model doesn’t offer the highly sought-after tri-plane motion it still delivers a fantastic oscillation motion that will rival most other brands on the market. This is great is you are less of an active trainer and want to use more programme based workouts.
Features – Oscillation motion – 9 Programmes – Weight loss programme – 99 Power settings – Starter kit included – Up to 180KG user weight allowed – 2 Year in home warranty included.
Pricing – Mid Range
As with any purchase in life it all depends on what you want and need out of the item as to which is best for you. Out of the three we have reviewed today there can only be one overall winner, which is hard as they are all great options. So, the machine I would pick if money was no object is the JTX Pro-50 Tri-Plane vibration plate and the reasons for this are obvious. This is a gym graded piece of equipment that you can have in your own home, so regardless of your current fitness level you can experience the very best and most intense workouts at home to achieve some amazing results.